Monday, 7 January 2013

Please Nominate Us For A Shorty Award! (2013)




Yes, it's that time of year again! Please can I ask those of you who've e4njoyed this website over the past 12 months to nominate for a 'Shorty Award' in the 'blogging' category by clicking on this link? http://shortyawards.com/alansarchives?category=blogger (You can vote for us in other categories too if you wish but iwe rather shot ourselves in the foot last year by having one nominatoion in fiove different categories so hopefully we'll be a bit more coordinated this time if everybody votes in just the one!) Hopefully a good response will see our site become better known and grow throughout the year (and I promise it won't go to my head. Well, not much)If you want a noimination in return just send us a tweet!

Things haven't changed that much since this time last year when we filled in our 'Shorty Award' questionnaire as the 'top five' part of News, Views and Music 131 so we've re-printed them here for a giggle!:


The Shorty Interview with Alan Pattinson (@alansarchives)
What's your best tweet?
I did enjoy comparing Nick Clegg to Nelson, the fox from ‘Mongrels’ as ‘Britain’s best fictional character’ or commenting how apt it was that the Thatcher 'Iron Lady' film came on just as 'The Worst Witch' repeat was ending!
What are six things you could never do without?
MP3 player, CD player, cassette player, record player...hmm think you're getting the idea by now. Oh and two soft toy dogs, Max and Bingo!
How do you use Twitter in your professional life?
By plugging my site. Endlessly. Remember folks, it's www.alansalbumarchives.moonfruit.com (or www.alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk)...
What's your favorite Twitter app?
One that links to my blog - yesssiree, it's www.alansalbumarchives.moonfruit.com/www.alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk, remember. Just saying in case you'd forgotten!
Twitter or Facebook?
Both. Facebook for friends I know and always want in my life - Twitter for people I'll never probably meet but are glad to have in my life
What was the funniest trend you've seen?
Queen_UK's tweet about Prince Charles getting a plastic crown in his cracker last year...
What feature should Twitter add?
A link to my website - it's www.alansalbumarchives.moonfruit.com. Wait, did I already mention that?!
Who do you wish had a Twitter feed but doesn't?
Hundreds of musicians, I'd love to see CSNY on here (update: Crosby and Nash have both joined since last year and Dr Who, but then he's a bit busy saving the world from destruction every day to tweet
What are some words or phrases you refuse to shorten for brevity?
discombobulate, Simon and Garfunkel, Belle and Sebastian, Max The Singing Dog
Is there someone you want to follow you who doesn't already? If so, who?
Everyone! And get visiting my site while you're about it: it's www.alansalbumarchives.moonfruit.com, visit us now!
Have you ever unfollowed someone? Who and why?
Only by accident. The more to follow the merrier in my view.
Why should we vote for you?
Because I'm plugging my site endlessly...no, hang on, because if you share a passion for 1960s and 70s music I can help with your symptoms
Terms you wish would start trending on Twitter right now?
#alansalbumarchives, #Cameronmustgo #TheQueenhasabdicated, #CSNYatnumberone, #TheFaceOfBoHasWonTheLottery, #BingoIsSober, #Maxhaslosthisvoice
What's the most interesting connection you've made through Twitter?
NutTheSquirrel - it isn't everyday you get to chat to a beanie squirrel. I'm beginning to think Queen_UK isn't really the queen...
Hashtag you created that you wish everyone used?
#alansalbumarchivesisgreat, #bingoisdrunkagain, #wakemeupwhenthecoalitionisover
How do you make your tweets unique?
Trust me, when you're this monkeynuts after writing a multi-billion word count site, the way you see the world is very unique!
What inspires you to tweet?
Music, madness, insanity, insincerity, injustice, inhumanity and daily events in my life that are so random I just have to share them
Ever get called out for tweeting too much?
No, luckily that illness is easily tweeted! (Groan!)
140 characters of advice for a new user?
Remember that you'll always always always always always always always always use more letters than you think you are actually going to nee-
How long can you go without a tweet?
I can manage...erm..ahh...umm...HELP! it's been too long! Stop asking me questions and let me tweet! I take it back - this is untweetable!
What question are we not asking here that we should?
What was the address of that marvellous website again? Why its www.alansalbumarchives.moonfruit.com, #thanksforasking!
How do you imagine Twitter changing?
Multiple accounts to cope with everyone's multiple personalities.
What is one of the biggest misconceptions of Twitter?
That it's a waste of time. Like 99% of our lives isn't anyway?!
Why should people follow you?
Our music site at www.alansalbumarchivesmoonfruit.com, which has more writing than a boring science text book, but far more laughs
How do you decide what to tweet?
I take a long slow lazy look through the inner workings of my mind, fall asleep, turn on the telly and steal something funny by somebody else
Why'd you start tweeting?
To plug my website (www.alansalbumartchives.moonfruit.com). That and to keep an eye on what Bingo tweets when he is drunk!
Has Twitter changed your life? If yes, how?
Yes. This site used to be just me, my thoughts and a laptop - now it's just me, my thoughts, a laptop and various followers!
What do you wish people would do more of on Twitter?
Visit my site! Only joking - I would say the community spirit on Twitter is already about as good as it can get!
How will the world change in the next year?
Aliens will start tweeting their own messages from the planet Zigorous Three+all the 'April 1st' editions of my website will be proved right!
What are some big Twitter faux pas?
Tweeting personal opinions when you're in a job where you're not supposed to have any (politicians especially). Lucky no one knows me!
What will the world be like 10 years from now?
Like it is now, but with no Coalition or Royal Family, more music websites and singing dogs with canes and contact from aliens on Zigorous 3!


Shorty awardb interview with Alan's Albukm Archives mascot and Youtube video tsra MaxTheSingingDog (@MaxTheSingingDo)
What are six things you could never do without?
My cane, my top hat, my bow tie, New York New York, Youtube, Alan's Album Archives
How do you use Twitter in your professional life?
It gives me the inspiration to remain an Alan's Album Archives mascot and create lots of fun Youtube videos! It also shows me the world is mad
What was the funniest trend you've seen?
#bingoisdrunkagain, #stopsingingmax,
What feature should Twitter add?
An avatar who can sing your best tweets, dressed in a top hat and cane!
Hashtag you created that you wish everyone used?
#singing dogs, #newyorknewyork, #Imanalansalbumarchivesreader, #Ivejusthadnewbatteriesandavoiceboxinstalled
140 characters of advice for a new user?
‘I'm spreading the news, if you're tweeting today, you'll want to be a part of it...'
How do you imagine Twitter changing?
More canines with top hats and canes, less obnoxious boy bands and girl bands and politician faux pas
What is one of the biggest misconceptions of Twitter?
That there aren't any musical dogs on Twitter. I mean there's me and Bingo for starters!
Why should people follow you?
Don't nominate me - follow @alansarchives - though I do tweet occasionally about singing New York New York and wearing hats
How do you decide what to tweet?
It's usually the song I'm singing in my head at the time. Wait, here it comes now: 'I'm spreading the news, I'm leaving today...'
What do you wish people would do more of on Twitter?
Sing 'New York New York' and read Alan's Album Archives!
What are some big Twitter faux pas?
Tweeting without being properly dressed ie wearing a bow tie, top hat and cane
What will the world be like 10 years from now?
The whole world will be singing New York New York + I'll have to sign lots of autographs: though that might be hard as I never put my cane down


The Shorty Award interview with EwokNinja, the scary creature that lives in the AAA closet:
What's your best tweet?
mwahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!cough! And you can quote me on that!
Why should we vote for you?
Cos I;m an ewok ninja! bwahahahahahaha!
What's the most interesting connection you've made through Twitter?
@BingoDogHic - the most drunken dog I've ever had the pleasure to tweet!
What inspires you to tweet?
The chance to scare Mike and jump out of his closet! Mwahahahahahah!
How long can you go without a tweet?
Quite long - it's hard to type on a laptop with paws
How do you imagine Twitter changing?
More ewok ninjas, less embarrassing blond teenagers who can't sing
Has Twitter changed your life? If yes, how?
Yes. I used to be just an imaginary ewok ninja skulking at the back of closets. Now I'm an imaginary ewok ninja with followers!


The Shorty Award interview with AAA mascot and Youtube star Bingo The Boozy Dog (@bingodoghic)
What's your favorite Twitter app?
The boozy dogs TM! Magic! Hic! Or did I just dream that?! Hichic!
Twitter or Facebook?
Hic! What's facebook? My face isn't in a book! Hahahahahahahahaha! And twitter's what birds do isn't it?
Is there someone you want to follow you who doesn't already? If so, who?
Yesh but I'm not telling you hername, teeheehee. It's the poodle from no 11 if you really want to know! Hic!
Why should we vote for you?
Don't vote for me - vote for @alansarchives. He's more sober than I am. Hic!
Ever get called out for tweeting too much?
Only when drunk. Teeheehee!
Who do you admire most for his or her use of Twitter?
Alansarchives, not to mention EwokNinjas and Maxthesingingdog. Hic!
Who is the funniest person on Twitter that you follow?
@ewokninjas _ I mean? Eowk ninjas? How could anyone believe in such a thing ha ha ha they must be stupid!...wait, there's one right behind me now isn't there?!AAAAAAAAAAAH!
How do you decide what to tweet?
I just look at the keyboard and go qdad;ak;dka;f;skfksda;fksa;fkzzzzzzzzzzzhic!
Has Twitter changed your life? If yes, how?
Yes - I'll drink to that! Hic! Hic! Hic!
What do you wish people would do more of on Twitter?
Tweet me offers on alcohol. Hic! Or give me the address of that poodle at no 11...
How will the world change in the next year?
More dogs will twittr whilst drunk. Hichic!
What are some big Twitter faux pas?
Twittering while drunk. Hic!

2 comments:

  1. I visited many blogs but the audio feature for audio songs
    current at this website is in fact superb.
    My page ... org.ar

    ReplyDelete