Sunday 6 January 2013

The Best AAA Concerts I Attended (News, Views and Music Issue 177 Top Six)


Talking of live albums, there’s a slightly more personal top five for you this week (actually six because I couldn’t make my mind up which one to leave out). Yes this issue I shine a light on the small minor moments of musical history I was actually present for and talk you through six of the best AAA concerts I’ve ever attended. I’ll be honest with you, I’m not one of those fans who only lives for live music. I’ve only been to 14 gigs in my life (I’ve just counted) which is probably less than most of you reading this list (although we might well disagree on what counts as actual ‘music’). My problems with live music have always been that if a gig is bad then you’ve just forked out the money with which you could bought half an entire artist’s back catalogue which would take years to enjoy. If its good then you want to taste and savour it for far more than the three hours it took to listen to (I’m very much a collector rather than a casual music fan, for better or worse – probably worse actually now that I think about it...) I also have the added complication that I wasn’t even born when a majority of the acts I love and have devoted this site to were at their hey day (there’s no way I’d have missed out on the Dead or The Who at their peak and I’d have definitely bought tickets for the Monterey Pop Festival even if I’d had to walk all the way there myself, the Atlantic ocean included). You may note too that these gigs die off quickly somewhere around 2006 – which is when I fell poorly to the clutches of chronic fatigue and couldn’t cope with travelling to concerts anymore so, understandably, this list isn’t quite as impressive as it might be.

However I have at least been there for several chosen nights, I still have the memories (what memroeis chornic fatigue haven’t taken from me anyway!) and – me being me – I have a written record of what was played at pretty much all of these concerts, hastily scribbled down either during the shows or pieced together immediately after one has taken place (although sadly a few notes have got lost down the years so apologies if bits are missing!) For the record the other gigs that didn’t make the cut are two Hollies shows in the Midlands 1989-90 (fab – see below!), Paul McCartney in Birmingham 1990 (slightly marred by the fact we turned up to the gig a day early and effectively travelled there twice – well, it’s better than turning up a day late!), The Moody Blues in their home city of Birmingham in 1997 (they were a bit tired at the end of a gruelling tour – and some wally sitting in the back row sang along to everything. And I mean everything!), 10cc in Birmingham 1999 (nice, but only Graham Gouldmann and Rick Fenn were still in the band), The Searchers in Wolverhampton 2000 (the highlight of a four artist package band, which sadly meant they only played half an hour) and Ray Davies in Liverpool in 2006 (who turned up an hour late spent most of the three hour set changing his shirts!) If you attended any of these gigs too why not get in touch and say hi! So here, for one week only, is a guide to the six best AAA concerts I attended in order of importance:

1) Nils Lofgren (Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club, Birmingham, 1998)

Set List (Part and not in order): No Mercy, Damaged Goods, Blue Skies, Run This Race, Shine Silently, Little On Up, Keith Don’t Go, Black Books, Cry Tough, Girl In Motion, Man In The Moon, A Shot At You, The Sun Hasn’t Set On This Boy Yet, Moon Tears, What A Wonderful World, To Your Heart, I’ll Arise, Soft Fun, Goin’ Back, I Came To Dance, I Don’t Want To Talk About It)

My first choice might surprise many – but all I can say is, you weren’t there. Alas the full electric gigs featuring full bands and trampolines (I kid you not!) are long gone by 1998 when Nils was entering his mid 40s but the guitarist was arguably getting his second wind in this period, building up his reputation despite not having a true record deal (though the ‘Acoustic Live’ album is a pretty near match for this record). This was indeed Nils in acoustic mode, performing to a mere hundred or so people in two hour-long sets with only his brother Tommy in tow and punctuated by breathtaking elongated solos between the brothers that are among the best playing around. Among the songs were a handful of new ones Nils had only been playing for a few months and sadly never appeared properly on record (the ‘Acoustic Live’ album is the only place to hear them) – with ‘Little On Up’ sounding particularly strong. This was also the period Nils covered the Louis Armstrong classic ‘What A Wonderful World’ in his setlist. I don’t know it yet but at the time I heard it I was six months away from being driven crazy by that song after studying a speeded up version for my music A Levels wich I must have heard twice a week for the best part of a year (I still hear it when I close my eyes at night sometimes!) I happened to see the first of two nights Nils played at Ronnie Scott’s that week by the way – the better one, if the radio broadcast of the second gig is anything to go by (although both are pretty fab!) The highlight was a mournful ‘Shot At You’ extended by some seven or eight minutes with solo after solo – I can’t say I’ve ever cared for this song much on record but it took on a new life here, with Lofgren at his charismatic best. I must confess I didn’t really know Nils’ work that well at the time I saw this concert – I had a handful of LPs I’d bought from the much-missed Beano’s second hand record shop for a pound I’d played a handful of times (Grin’s 1+1 being the only Lofgren album I knew well back then) and only really knew Nils from his work with Neil Young (which, sadly, didn’t feature in the set bare a stark and spooky version of Crazy Horse’s ‘I Don’t Want To Talk About It’). This concert did the ultimate you can ask of any gig and made me want to learn more, properly kick-starting a love affair with Nils’ music that still continues to this day (I will track down the last Lofgren album I need for my collection – and I will review more of them on here soon I promise!)

2) Paul McCartney (Birmingham NIA, 2003)

Hello Goodbye/Jet/All My Loving/Getting Better/Let Me Roll It/Lonely Road/Your Loving Flame/Blackbird/ Every Night/We Can Work It Out/Mother Nature’s Son/Carry That Weight/The Fool On The Hill/My Love/Here Today/Something/Eleanor Rigby/Here There and Everywhere/Calico Skies/Michelle/Band On The Run/Back In The USSR/Maybe I’m Amazed/Let ‘Em In/She’s Leaving Home/Can’t Buy Me Love/Live and Let Die/Let It Be/Hey Jude/The Long and Winding Road/Lady Madonna/I Saw Here Standing There/Yesterday/Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band/The End

The DVDs of the ‘Back In The USSR/USA/World/Whatever The Heck Macca’s Decided To Call It This Time Around’ tour simply don’t do McCartney’s 2000-era band justice. Fiery from the first note and energetic to the last several hours later, this concert was about as far from a grainy poorly rehearsed 20 minute Beatles bootleg gig as its possible to get. Macca never sounded – or looked - this young, (even when he was) and the energy and commitment levels were a world away from the polished but rather too cautious band he’d taken out on tour in 1989/90 (I was there for that one too). The set list was virtually the one you can find on the official CD of the 2001 US tour (‘Back In The World’) with the addition of the Beatles song ‘Birthday’ (which was rather apt, seeing as it was the day after my dad’s!) The highlight was undoubtedly the trio of ‘tribute’ songs: ‘Here Today’ for Lennon (one of the best McCartney songs of the 1980s), ‘My Love’ for Linda (who’d only died four years before this) and ‘Something’ on a ukulele for George Harrison (who’d died less than 18 months before – the feelings were still raw for much of the audience). One thing that surprised me, though, was that after the opening ‘Hello Goodbye’ Paul rarely played bass throughout the show (Brian Ray doing the honours while Paul played guitar or piano). The gig was also notable for Macca forgetting the words to ‘You Never Give Me Your Money’ – or so I thought until noticing that he makes the same ‘mistake’ on every bootleg/official release to date! The ‘other’ difference to the average setlisting of the time is that the band didn’t play ‘Coming Up’ – a pain for me as I still rate it as among the top three things Macca’s ever done (it was probably cut because a ‘preview’ of the gig in a local paper moaned on and on about how awful they thought that song was on an earlier date -these music journalists have no taste!) This was still a very special night, though, with Macca on strong vocal form (he can get a bit ropey on long tours; this was about the middle of a 30 date tour and he never sounded better) and, frankly, he could have sang ‘The Frog Song’ and ‘Ebony and Ivory’ for three hours and I’d still have loved it.

3) The Hollies (Stoke-On-Trent, 1990)

Set List (Part and not in order): Just One Look, Here I Go Again, Bus Stop, Stop! Stop! Stop!, On A Carousel, Too Young To Be Married, I’m Alive, We’re Through, Carrie Anne, He Ain’t Heavy He’s My Brother, The Air That I Breathe, Sorry Suzanne, Gasoline Alley Bred, King Midas In Reverse, Wasted On The Way, Soldier’s Song, Purple Rain, Shine Silently, Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress, Misery (extract), Pinball Wizard
The Hollies were my first love. They go back almost as far as I do (or at least as far as when I got a copy of their 20 Golden Greats album aged five) and we’ve rarely spent a day apart in all that time (believe me, I play a lot of Hollies albums – it’s just as well that there’s a lot of them to play). Fittingly they were my first gig too, albeit just, and looking at my old programmes I see that I saw them three times within a short period (the gig I mention here is my second, winning by a nose though the setlists of all three were more or less identical). I’m blooming glad I did – the likes of Graham Nash and Terry Sylvester are long gone but Allan Clarke is still proving his worth as one of the greatest singers of all time, Bobby Elliott still whacked the drums like a teenager and Tony Hicks still looked like one (age has caught up with him since – he now looks about 35; can you believe he’s actually a day older than Keith Richards?!) Alan Coates was the harmony singer then and together the Hollies sounded amazing. Now being the Hollies anorak I am I was always a little upset the band never seemed to do any of their gorgeous B sides or album tracks (you casual fans may think the A sides are good – honestly that’s nothing on their forgotten stuff) but at least the band threw a few oddities into this show. As usual the band paid tribute to CSN fans (not me at the time) by playing one of Nash’s post-Hollies songs; not ‘Teach Your Children’ for once on this tour but ‘Wasted On The Way’ a song with as much resonance for Nash’s first band as his second (a ‘King Midas’, complete with recorder, was a second Nash tribute on the night). Nostalgia for 60s pop stars was just becoming big when I saw this concert and the band had spent the tour asking for fans to nominate a great song of the 60s, playing a handful of them on different nights – luckily for me I got ‘Pinball Wizard’ even though I must admit I wasn’t actually a Who fan at the time (I partly owe The Hollies for that pleasure too). This gig also took place on what would have been John Lennon’s 50th birthday, the same night a memorial was taking place in Liverpool, causing the band to joke between sets about how much ‘he’d have hated having to watch Kylie Minogue for four hours’ and singing a burst of ‘Misery’ (little did I know it then but the band later revealed that Lennon and McCartney had co-written it with Clarke and Nash backstage at a 1963 gig in Merseyside). The highlight of the set, though, has to be ‘Soldier’s Song’, more dynamic than the record and slightly slower, with Elliott’s rattled tom toms, Clarke at full scream (this could be why he lost his voice by the end of the decade, actually) and the best synthesiser-depping-for-an-orchestra I’ve ever heard. All that and a light show too – fantastic!

4) Crosby-Nash (Bridgewater Hall, Manchester 2005)

Military Madness/Marrakesh Express/Long Time Gone/Just A Song Before I Go/Immigration Man/In My Dreams/Carry Me/Jesus Of Rio/They Want It All/Cathedral/Deja Vu/Cold Rain/Guinnevere/Milky Way Tonight/Puppeteer/ Wasted On The Way/Don’t Dig Here/I Used To Be A King/Delta/To The Last Whale/Wooden Ships/Our House/Almost Cut My Hair/Teach Your Children

No Stephen Stills that night, no Neil Young either (in Britain! As if!) but I actually preferred it that way as reducing the trio to a duo meant we were left with far more unusual songs than normal in a CSN concert. This was Nash’s first homecoming gig for a while and he was his ever confident self, joking about local places between songs and all the dreary rain-soaked places he remembered showing a shocked Califonian sun-tanned Crosby on their first gig together in the early 70s! What most surprised me was how uncomfortable on stage Crosby was, mostly singing with his hands in his pockets and agreeing with Nash, a long way from the comedy firecracker he is on the duo’s 1970s shows (Cros, notoriously, has to swallow half a chemist shop every day to fight off his medical problems, so perhaps he was just having an off night). The band were on good form too, featuring Crosby’s son James Raymond on keyboards (Crosby’s CPR spin off band had sadly folded by the time of this tour). The band were plugging a new CD ‘Crosby*Nash’ which inspired possibly the worst reviews I’ve ever read (I even got told to put it back and buy Neil Young’s ‘Greendale’ by the shop assistant in Virgin when I bought it; half an hour of abuse about why ‘Greendale’ is Neil’s worst album ever and CSN are the greatest band in history later the shop closed with me still ranting). The album’s songs sounded pretty good in concert though, especially ‘Live On (The Wall’) – although ironically that wasn’t sung on this show as Nash substituted a moving solo version of ‘Cold Rain’, written for the rainy Manchester streets half a mile away from the concert hall instead (I know because I also attended the Birmingham show of the tour, which was a tad more muted as it wasn’t Nash’s homecoming – and yes, it did rain on both occasions!) The highlight, though, has to be a mesmerising ‘I Used To Be A King’ a song that – as far as I know CSN/Y had never performed with a full band before this tour (though Crosby and Nash did an acoustic version together in the mid 70s) – although Crosby’s thrilling held note on ‘Almost Cut My Hair’ cuts it close (I’ve heard it on live albums and bootlegs a dozen times over, but this version filled the concert hall and nearly had the roof in Cros held it for so long!)

5) Brian Wilson (Birmingham NIA, 2002)

You’re Welcome/Wonderful/CabinEssence/Sail On Sailor/Friends/Dance Dance Dance/Our Prayer/Heroes and Villains/Your Imagination/The Night Was So Young/Melt Away/Meant For You/Busy Doin’ Nothin’/Good Timin’/Forever/Don’t Worry Baby/Do It Again/In My Room/Please Let Me Wonder/ You’re So Good To Me/My Diane/California Girls/Surf’s Up/Marcella/Wouldn’t It Be Nice?/You Still Believe In Me/That’s Not Me/Don’t Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)/I’m Waiting For The Day/Let’s Go Away For A While/Sloop John B/God Only Knows/I Know There’s An Answer/Here Today/I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times/Pet Sounds/Caroline, No/Good Vibrations/Surfer Girl/Surfin’ USA/Help Me, Rhonda/I Get Around/Fun Fun Fun/Barbara Ann/Love And Mercy

They say that Brian is back sang Mike Love in 1976, but it was actually more like 2000 that Brian Wilson was properly back to anything like full form – and ironically it was touring (the very thing he fled from in 1964 after a nervous breakdown) that helped nurse him back there. This wasn’t the first or even the second solo tour Brian had done by this time (backed by the wonderful Wondermints, a 60s cover band who knew their Beach Boys songs backwards and can play almost any instrument between them). But Brian was still new enough to touring for this to be a ‘new thing’. Alas for me this wasn’t the ‘Smile’ tour (that was to come) and it wasn’t the one plugging his under-rated ‘That Lucky Old Sun’ album either (that was to come too) – it was the Pet Sounds tour. Frankly I’ve never liked that album much (the gorgeous ‘I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times’ aside) –here comes that late-into-the-night debate on Twitter again, with about half of you agreeing and half disagreeing with me- and seeing Brian sitting at a keyboard nodding his head, unsure where to look, for two elongated instrumentals, was unusual to say the least. Much better were the Beach Boys songs in set one that zipped by at breakneck speed (by my reckoning he did over 50 songs at this one show!) including some rarities: ‘Marcella’ was the absolute highlight, ending the first half on a sea of overlapping harmonies, the sound bouncing off the walls in true quadraphonic sound – if the Wondermints still aren’t quite up to the BB sound circa 1970 then heck they’re still the next best thing I’ve heard. ‘Good Timin’ and ‘Forever’ were particularly lovely, sung in tribute to Carl and Dennis respectively and Brian had never sung them before this tour I don’t think (quick check of reference books...hmm think I’m safe on that one), while ‘My Diane’ is a rarity from the ‘MIU Album’ that I’ve never heard any of the band play before and one of Brian’s most emotional songs of all(it’s all about the split from wife Marilyn but with the ‘twist’ that Brian refers to her using her sister’s name. For those who don’t know it was Diane Rovell he started dating before he fell for her older sister). Admittedly I saw the reunited BBoys on TV rather than in concert this year but I bet they weren’t anything like as good as this (even with the Wondermints still backing), throwing some delightfully rare material as well as all the expected hits. I just wish I’d been there for the ‘Smile’ tour a year or so later, as it’s still my favourite album of all time even 300 reviews into this site...but hey I did get to see a real live Beach Boy at the top of his game so I’m not too upset.

6) The Monkees (Birmingham NEC, 1997)

Last Train to Clarksville, Circle Sky. Regional Girl, Sunny Girlfriend, Mary, Mary, You and I (JustUs song, not Instant Replay), Randy Scouse Git, Shades of Gray (Davy lead vocal), You Just May Be the One, Oh, What a Night, I’m a Believer, Two-Part Invention in F Major (Peter Tork), Rio (Mike Nesmith), Since I Fell for You (Micky Dolenz), Daddy's Song (Davy Jones), For Pete's Sake, A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You, Goin’ Down, Your Auntie Grizeld, Shades Of Gray, Valleri, Listen to the Band, Porpoise Song, Daydream Believer, (I’m Not Your) Steppin’ Stone, Pleasant Valley Sunday

No one was more shocked than me when the Monkees announced their first tour together as a quartet since 1968. The British music press were so shocked they sat in stony silence the whole tour before at the end slagging the band off just as badly as they had in 1967 when the ‘Monkees don’t play their own instruments because – durrrrh – they’re actors on a TV show’ scandal first reared its ugly head. What the press didn’t bother to research was that this was one tour that wasn’t just for the money (after inheriting the liquid paper millions from his mother after the Monkees split – ironically after a childhood spent in poverty – Nesmith never needs to do anything ever again and the other three had made enough in the 1980s to keep them going for a while). Like 1967 the band overcame their sceptics and played all their own instruments on stage (barring the solo section) and had a ball doing so, even if their performance was more that of gifted amateurs than accomplished hardened musicians. Frankly, though, any band who hadn’t played together for 30 years would have sounded rough and I’ve heard plenty of supposedly better musicians sound a lot worse. By and large the setlist was just a collection of the songs you’d expect and was rather too heavy on the current ‘JustUs’ album (an unexpected travesty of time and talent, the worst Monkees album of all in my opinion and proof positive good intentions alone don’t make for good albums), though note the songs you might not recognise in the middle of the set listing above which saw the band repeat their 1960s live strategy of giving all four members a turn in the spotlight. Tork played Bach (again), Nesmith went to Rio (nice), Davy unexpectedly reprised his Harry Nilsson cover from ‘Head’ (interesting) and Micky sang a song he remembered his mother singing to him as a baby (well, at least it was a lot better than ‘Pillow Time’, the song she actually wrote for him to sing). The musical highlight, though, was a spellbinding ‘Shades Of Gray’ – a 20-year-old Davy coped well with the song on ‘Headquarters’ but his older, wiser 50-year-old self brought the house down on this superb version, the one time in the whole show the Monkees stopped playing for laughs and reached for the heartstrings. The non-musical highlight? The quartet somehow managed to do the ‘Monkee walk’ without tripping over, even if they did it slightly slower than they had in 1966. A bit of trivia for you: Mike Nesmith’s son Christian appeared in the opening act ‘Nancy Boy’ – the band have recently reformed after a 10 year hiatus. Just thought you might like to know.

So there you have it. What are your memories of seeing AAA bands live on stage? Are you mature (kind word for ‘old’) enough to have seen The Beatles on a screaming package tour, The ‘orrible ‘oo in windmilling style or are you young (kind word for im
mature) enough to be one of the many millions who came of age watching Oasis play Knebworth in 1996? Drop us a line! Till next week then, thank-you for reading – see you again next week!

A NOW COMPLETE List Of Top Five/Top Ten/TOP TWENTY  Entries 2008-2019
1) Chronic Fatigue songs http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/news-views-and-music-issue-1-top-five.html

2) Songs For The Face Of Bo
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/news-views-and-music-issue-2-top-five.html

3) Credit Crunch Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/news-views-and-music-issue-3-top-five.html

4) Songs For The Autumn
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/news-views-and-music-issue-4-top-five.html

5) National Wombat Week
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/news-views-and-music-top-five-national.html

6) AAA Box Sets
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/news-views-and-music-issue-6-top-five.html

7) Virus Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/news-views-and-music-issue-7-top-five.html

8) Worst AAA-Related DVDs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/news-views-and-music-issu-8-top-five.html

9) Self-Punctuating Superstar Classics
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/news-views-and-music-issue-9-top-five.html

10) Ways To Know You Have Turned Into A Collector
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/news-views-and-music-issue-9-top-five.html

11) Political Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/news-views-and-music-issue-11-top-five.html

12) Totally Bonkers Concept Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/news-views-and-music-top-five-totally.html

13) Celebrating 40 Years Of The Beatles' White Album
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/top-five-issue-13-40-years-of-beatles.html

14) Still Celebrating 40 Years Of The Beatles' White Album
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/news-views-and-music-issue-14-top-five.html

15) AAA Existential Questions
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/news-views-and-music-issue-15-top-five.html

16) Releases Of The Year 2008
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/news-views-and-music-issue-16-top-five.html

17) Top AAA Xmas Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/news-views-and-music-issue-17-top-five.html

18) Notable AAA Gigs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/news-views-and-music-issue-19-top-five.html

19) All things '20' related for our 20th issue
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/news-views-and-music-issue-20-aaa-songs.html

20) Romantic odes for Valentine's Day
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/news-views-and-music-issue-22-top-five.html

21) Hollies B sides
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/news-views-and-music-issue-23-top-five.html

22) 'Other' BBC Session Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/news-views-and-music-issue-24-top-five.html

23) Beach Boys Rarities Still Not Available On CD
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/news-views-and-music-issue-25-top-five.html

24) Songs John, Paul and George wrote for Ringo's solo albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/news-views-and-music-issue-26-top-five.html

25) 5 of the Best Rock 'n' Roll Tracks From The Pre-Beatles Era
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/news-views-and-music-issue-27-top-five.html

26) AAA Autobiographies
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/news-views-and-music-issue-28-top-five.html

27) Rolling Stones B-sides
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/news-views-and-music-issue-29-top-five.html

28) Beatles B-Sides
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/news-views-and-music-issue-30-top-five.html

29) The lllloooonnngggeesssttt AAA songs of all time
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/news-views-and-music-issue-31-top-five.html

30) Kinks B-Sides
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/news-views-and-music-issue-32-top-five.html

31) Abandoned CSNY projects 'wasted on the way'
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/news-views-and-music-issue-33-top-five.html

32) Best AAA Rarities and Outtakes Sets
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/news-views-and-music-issue-34-top-five.html

33) News We've Missed While We've Been Away
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/news-views-and-music-issue-35-top-five.html

34) Birthday Songs for our 1st Anniversary
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/news-views-and-music-issue-37-top-five.html

35) Brightest Album Covers
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/news-views-and-music-issue-37-top-five.html

36) Biggest Recorded Arguments
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/news-views-and-music-issue-38-top-five.html

37) Songs About Superheroes
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/news-views-and-music-issue-39-top-five.html

38) AAA TV Networks That Should Exist
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/news-views-and-music-issue-40-top-five.html

39) AAA Woodtsock Moments
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/news-views-and-music-issue-41-top-five.html

40) Top Moments Of The Past Year As Voted For By Readers
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/news-views-and-music-issue-42-top-five.html

41) Music Segues
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/news-views-and-music-issue-43-top-five.html

42) AAA Foreign Language Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/news-views-and-music-issue-44-top-five.html

43) 'Other' Groups In Need Of Re-Mastering
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/news-views-and-music-issue-45-top-five.html

44) The Kinks Preservation Rock Opera - Was It Really About The Forthcoming UK General Election?
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/news-views-and-music-issue-46-top-five.html

45) Mono and Stereo Mixes - Biggest Differences
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/news-views-and-music-issue-47-top-five.html

46) Weirdest Things To Do When A Band Member Leaves
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/nerws-views-and-music-issue-48-top-five.html

47) Video Clips Exclusive To Youtube (#1)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/news-views-and-music-issue-49-top-five.html

48) Top AAA Releases Of 2009
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/news-views-and-music-issue-50-top-five.html

49) Songs About Trains
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/news-views-and-music-issue-51-top-five.html

50) Songs about Winter
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/news-views-and-music-issue-52-top-five.html

51) Songs about astrology plus horoscopes for selected AAA members
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/news-views-and-music-issue-53-top-five.html

52) The Worst Five Groups Ever!
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/news-views-and-music-issue-54-top-five.html

53) The Most Over-Rated AAA Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/news-views-and-music-issue-56-top-five.html

54) Top AAA Rarities Exclusive To EPs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/news-views-and-music-issue-57-top-five.html

55) Random Recent Purchases (#1)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/news-views-and-music-issue-58-top-five.html

56) AAA Party Political Slogans
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/news-views-and-music-issue-60-top-five.html

57) Songs To Celebrate 'Rock Sunday'
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/news-views-and-music-issue-61-top-five_21.html

58) Strange But True (?) AAA Ghost Stories
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/news-views-and-music-issue-61-top-five.html

59) AAA Artists In Song
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/news-views-and-music-issue-63-top-five.html

60) Songs About Dogs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/news-views-and-music-issue-65-top-five.html

61) Sunshiney Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/news-views-and-music-issue-67-top-five.html

62) The AAA Staff Play Their Own Version Of Monoploy/Mornington Crescent!
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/news-views-and-music-issue-68-top-forty.html

63) What 'Other' British Invasion DVDs We'd Like To See
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/news-views-and-music-issue-69-top-five.html

64) What We Want To Place In Our AAA Time Capsule
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/news-views-and-music-issue-70-top-five.html

65) AAA Conspiracy Theroies
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/news-views-and-music-issue-72-top-ten.html

66) Weirdest Things To Do Before - And After - Becoming A Star
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/news-views-and-music-top-ten-aaa-stars.html

67) Songs To Tweet To
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/news-views-and-music-issue-74-top-five.html

68) Greatest Ever AAA Solos
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/news-views-and-music-issue-75-top-ten.html

69) John Lennon Musical Tributes
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/news-views-and-music-issue-77-top-five.html

70) Songs For Halloween
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/news-views-and-music-issue-78-top-five.html

71) Earliest Examples Of Psychedelia
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/news-views-and-music-issue-79-top-five.html

72) Purely Instrumental Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/news-views-and-music-issue-81-top-five.html

73) AAA Utopias

74) AAA Imaginary Bands
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/news-views-and-music-issue-82-top-five.html

75) Unexpected AAA Cover Versions
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/news-views-and-music-issue-83-top-five.html

76) Top Releases of 2010
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/news-views-and-music-issue-84-top-five.html

77) Songs About Snow
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/news-views-and-music-issue-85-top-five.html

78) Predictions For 2011
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011_01_02_archive.html

79) AAA Fugitives

80) AAA Home Towns
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/news-views-and-music-issue-88-home.html

81) The Biggest Non-Musical Influences On The 1960s
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/news-views-and-music-issue-89-top-five.html

82) AAA Groups Covering Other AAA Groups
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/news-views-and-music-issue-90-top.html

83) Strange Censorship Decisions
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/news-views-and-music-issue-91-top-ten.html

84) AAA Albums Still Unreleased on CD
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/news-views-and-music-issue-92-top-five.html

85) Random Recent Purchases (#2)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/news-views-and-music-issue-93-top-ten.html

86) Top AAA Music Videos
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/news-views-and-music-issue-94-top-ten.html

87) 30 Day Facebook Music Challenge
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/news-views-and-music-issue-95-top.html

88) AAA Documentaries
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/news-views-and-music-top-five-aaa.html

89) Unfinished and 'Lost' AAA Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/news-views-and-music-issue-97-top-ten.html

90) Strangest AAA Album Covers
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/newsa-views-and-music-issue-98-top-ten.html

91) AAA Performers Live From Mars (!)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/news-views-and-music-issue-99-top-ten.html

92) Songs Including The Number '100' for our 100th Issue
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/news-views-and-music-issue-100-top-five.html

93) Most Songs Recorded In A Single Day
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/news-views-and-music-issue-101-top-five.html

94) Most Revealing AAA Interviews
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/news-views-and-music-issue-102-top-five.html

95) Top 10 Pre-Fame Recordings
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/news-views-and-music-issue-103-top-ten.html

96) The Shortest And Longest AAA Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/news-views-and-music-issue-104-top-ten.html


97) The AAA Allstars Ultimate Band Line-Up
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/news-views-and-music-issue-105-top.html

98) Top Songs About Sports
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/news-views-and-music-issue-106-top-ten.html

99) AAA Conversations With God
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/news-views-and-music-issue-107-top-ten.html

100) AAA Managers: The Good, The Bad and the Financially Ugly
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/news-views-and-music-issue-108-top-ten.html

101) Unexpected AAA Cameos
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/news-views-and-music-issue-109-top-ten.html

102) AAA Words You can Type Into A Caluclator
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/news-views-and-music-issue-110-top-five.html

103) AAA Court Cases
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/news-views-and-music-issue-111-top-five.html

104) Postmodern Songs About Songwriting
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/news-views-and-music-issue-112-top-five.html

105) Biggest Stylistic Leaps Between Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/news-views-and-music-issue-113-top-ten.html

106) 20 Reasons Why Cameron Should Go!
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/news-views-and-music-issue-114-top.html

107) The AAA Pun-Filled Cookbook
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/news-views-and-music-issue-115-top-five.html

108) Classic Debut Releases
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/news-views-and-music-issue-116-top-five.html

109) Five Uses Of Bird Sound Effects
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/news-views-and-music-issue-118-top-five.html

110) AAA Classic Youtube Clips Part #1
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/news-views-and-music-issue-119-top.html

111) Part #2
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/news-views-and-music-issue-120-top.html

112) Part #3
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/news-views-and-music-issue-121-top.html

113) AAA Facts You Might Not Know
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/news-views-and-music-issue-122-top-ten.html

114) The 20 Rarest AAA Records
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/news-views-and-music-issue-123-top.html

115) AAA Instrumental Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011_12_04_archive.html

116) Musical Tarot
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/news-views-and-music-issue-125-top-23-i.html

117) Christmas Carols
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011_12_18_archive.html

118) Top AAA Releases Of 2011
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2011_12_25_archive.html

119) AAA Bands In The Beano/The Dandy
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/news-views-and-music-issue-128-top-five.html

120) Top 20 Guitarists #1
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/news-views-and-music-issue-129-top-ten.html

121) #2
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_01_15_archive.html

122) 'Shorty' Nomination Award Questionairre
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_01_22_archive.html

123) Top Best-Selling AAA Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_01_29_archive.html

124) AAA Songs Featuring Bagpipes

125) A (Hopefully) Complete List Of AAA Musicians On Twitter
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_02_19_archive.html

126) Beatles Albums That Might Have Been 1970-74 and 1980
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_02_26_archive.html

127) DVD/Computer Games We've Just Invented
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_03_11_archive.html

128) The AAA Albums With The Most Weeks At #1 in the UK
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_03_18_archive.html

129) The AAA Singles With The Most Weeks At #1 in the UK
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_03_25_archive.html

130) Lyric Competition (Questions)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_04_15_archive.html

131) Top Crooning Classics
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012_04_22_archive.html

132) Funeral Songs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/news-views-and-music-issue-142-top-five.html

133) AAA Songs For When Your Phone Is On Hold
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/news-views-and-music-issue-143-top-five.html

134) Random Recent Purchases (#3)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/news-views-and-music-issue-144-top-five.html

135) Lyric Competition (Answers)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/news-views-and-music-issue-146-top.html http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/news-views-and-music-issue-145-top-five.html

136) Bee Gees Songs/AAA Goes Disco!
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/news-views-and-music-issue-147-top-five.html

137) The Best AAA Sleevenotes (And Worst)
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/news-views-and-music-issue-148-top-ten.html

138) A Short Precise Of The Years 1962-70
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/news-views-and-music-149-top-eight.html

139) More Wacky AAA-Related Films And Their Soundtracks
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/top-five-for-news-views-and-music-150.html

140) AAA Appearances On Desert Island Discs
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/top-eight-aaa-desert-island-discs.html

141) Songs Exclusive To Live Albums
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/news-views-and-music-issue-153-top-10.html

142) More AAA Songs About Armageddon
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/aaa-armageddon-songsalbums-top-5-for.html

What difference does a name make? Arguably not much if you’re already a collector of a certain group, for whom the names on the album sleeves just...

This week’s top ten honours the humble motor car. The death trap on wheels, the metaphor for freedom, the put-down of capitalism, a source of...

This week we’re going to have a look at the 10 AAA singles that spent the most weeks at number on the American chart ‘Billboard’ – and it makes for...

Following on from last issue’s study of the American Billboard charts, here’s a look at which AAA albums spent the most weeks on the chart. The...

There are many dying arts in our modern world: incorruptible politicians, faith that things are going to get better and the ability to make decent...

This week we’ve decided to dedicate our top ten to those unsung heroes of music, the session musicians, whose playing often brings AAA artists (and...

Naturally we hold our AAA bands in high esteem in these articles: after all, without their good taste, intelligence and humanity we’d have nothing to...

What do you do when you’ve left a multi-million selling band and yet you still feel the pull of the road and the tours and the playing to audiences...

‘The ATOS Song’ (You’re Not Fit To Live)’ (Mini-Review) Dear readers, we don’t often feature reviews of singles over albums or musicians who aren’t...

In honour of this week’s review of an album released to cash in on a movie soundtrack (only one of these songs actually appears in ‘Easy Rider’...and...

Hic! Everyone raise a glass to the rock stars of the past and to this week’s feature...songs about alcolholic beverages! Yes that’s right, everything...

154) The human singing voice carries with it a vast array of emotions, thoughts that cannot be expressed in any other way except opening the lungs and...

Everyone has a spiritual home, even if they don’t actually live there. Mine is in a windy, rainy city where the weather is always awful but the...

Having a family does funny things to some musicians, as we’ve already seen in this week’s review (surely the only AAA album actually written around...

Some artists just have no idea what their best work really is. One thing that amazes me as a collector is how consistently excellent many of the...

159) A (Not That) Short Guide To The 15 Best Non-AAA Bands http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/a-not-that-short-guide-to-15-of-best.html%20%0d160

160) The Greatest AAA Drum Solos (Or Near Solos!) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-greatest-aaa-drum-solos-or-near.html%20%0d161

161) AAA Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall Of Fame Acceptance Speeches http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/aaa-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame.html%20%0d162

162) AAA Re-Recordings Of Past Songs http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/aaa-re-recordings-of-past-songs-news.html%20%0d163

163) A Coalition Christmas (A Fairy Tale) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/a-coalition-christmas-news-views-and.html%20%0d164

164) AAA Songs About Islands http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/aaa-songs-about-islands-news-views-and.html%20%0d165

165) The AAA Review Of The Year 2012 http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-aaa-review-of-year-2012-news-views.html



166) The Best AAA Concerts I Attended
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-best-aaa-concerts-i-attended-news.html

167) Tributes To The 10 AAA Stars Who Died The Youngest http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/tributes-to-10-aaa-stars-who-died.html



168) The First 10 AAA Songs Listed Alphabetically
http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-first-10-aaa-songs-if-listed.html


171) The 10 Best Songs From The Psychedelia Box-Sets ‘Nuggets’ and ‘Nuggets Two’ http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-best-of-two-nuggets-psychedelia.html%20%0d172

172) The 20 Most Common Girl’s Names In AAA Song Titles (With Definitions) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/girls-names-in-aaa-song-titles-from.html 








180) First Recordings By Future AAA Stars http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/first-





185) A Tribute To Storm Thorgerson Via The Five AAA Bands He Worked With http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/a-tribute-to-hipgnosis-via-five-aaa.html



188) Surprise! Celebrating 300 Album Reviews With The Biggest 'Surprises' Of The Past Five Years Of Alan's Album Archives! http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/celebrating-300-album-reviews-10.html


190) Comparatively Obscure First Compositions By AAA Stars http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/comparatively-obscure-debut.html



193) Evolution Of A Band: Comparing First Lyric With Last Lyric: http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/evolution-of-band-comparing-1st-lyric.html







200) The Monkees In Relation To Postmodernism (University Dissertation) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/university-dissertation-monkees-in.html


202) Carly Simon's 'You're So Vain': Was It About One Of The AAA Crew? http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/carly-simons-youre-so-vain-was-it-about.html















217) AAA 'Christmas Presents' we'd most like to have next year http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/aaa-christmas-presents-wed-most-like-to.html




221) Dr Who and the AAA (Five Musical Links) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2014/01/dr-who-and-five-musical-links-to-alans.html

222) Five Random Recent Purchases http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2014/01/five-random-recent-purchases-news-views.html

223) AAA Grammy Nominees http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2014/02/aaa-grammy-nominees-top-twelve-news.html

224) Ten AAA songs that are better heard unedited and in full http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2014/02/ten-aaa-songs-that-are-better-unedited.html

225) The shortest gaps between AAA albums http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-shortest-gaps-between-aaa-albums.html

226) The longest gaps between AAA albums http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-longest-gaps-between-aaa-albums.html

227) Top ten AAA drummers http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2014/03/top-ten-aaa-drummers-news-views-and.html

228) Top Ten AAA Singles (In Terms of 'A' and 'B' Sides) http://www.alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/top-ten-aaa-singles-and-b-sides-news.html

229) The Stories Behind Six AAA Logos http://www.alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-stories-behind-six-aaa-logos.html

230) AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! The Best Ten AAA Screams http://www.alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-best-aaa-screams-top-ten-news-views.html

231) An AAA Pack Of Horses http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/aaa-songs-about-horses-top-ten-news.html

232) AAA Granamas - Sorry, Anagrams! http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/aaa-anagrams-news-views-and-music-issue.html

233) AAA Surnames and Their Meanings http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/aaa-surnames-and-their-meanings-news.html

234) 20 Erroneous AAA Album Titles http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/twenty-erroneous-aaa-album-titles-news.html

235) The Best AAA Orchestral Arrangements http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/fifteen-great-aaa-string-parts-news.html

236) Top 30 Hilariously Misheard Album Titles/Lyrics http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/top-thirty-hilariously-misheard-aaa.html

237) Ten controversial AAA sackings - and whether they were right http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ten-controversial-aaa-sackings-news.html

238) A Critique On Critiquing - In Response To Brian Wilson http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/a-critique-on-critiquing-in-response-to.html

239) The Ten MusicianS Who've Played On The Most AAA Albums http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-ten-musicians-whove-played-on-most.html

240) Thoughts on #CameronMustGo http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/thoughts-on-cameronmustgo.html

241) Random Recent Purchases (Kinks/Grateful Dead/Nils Lofgren/Rolling Stones/Hollies) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/six-random-recent-purchases-kinksg.html 

242) AAA Christmas Number Ones http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/aaa-christmas-number-ones.html 

243) AAA Review Of The Year 2014 (Top Releases/Re-issues/Documentaries/DVDs/Books/Songs/ Articles  plus worst releases of the year) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/aaa-review-of-year-2014.html

244) Me/CFS Awareness Week 2015 http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/mecfs-awareness-week-at-alans-album.html

245) Why The Tory 2015 Victory Seems A Little...Suspicious http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/why-tory-victory-seems-deeply.html

246) A Plea For Peace and Tolerance After The Attacks on Paris - and Syria http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/a-plea-for-peace-and-toleration.html

247) AAA Review Of The Year 2015 http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/the-aaa-review-of-year-2015.html

248) The Fifty Most Read AAA Articles (as of December 31st 2015) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/the-fifty-most-read-aaa-posts-2008-2015.html

249) The Revised AAA Crossword! http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2016_07_10_archive.html


251) Half-A-Dozen Berries Plus One (An AAA Tribute To Chuck Berry) http://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/an-aaa-covers-tribute-to-chuck-berry.html

252) Guest Post: ‘The Skids – Joy’ (1981) by Kenny Brown  https://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/guest-post-skids-joy-1981.html


254) Guest Post: ‘Supertramp – Some Things Never Change’ by Kenny Brown https://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2018/06/guest-review-supertramp-some-things.html

255) AAA Review Of The Year 2018 https://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-aaa-review-of-year-2018.html

256) AAA Review Of The Year 2019 plus Review Of The Decade 2010-2019 https://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-alans-album-archives-review-of-year.html



257) Tiermaker https://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2019/06/alans-album-archives-on-tiermaker.html

258) #Coronastock https://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2020/04/coronastock.html

259) #Coronadocstock https://alansalbumarchives.blogspot.com/2020/05/coronadocstock.html

No comments:

Post a Comment